I offer you some silly observations about modern day life. I often wonder about why things are how they are when simple solutions abound. You can agree or disagree but at least my list might entertain you.
1. With super- and drug-resistant microbes around us, why don't more restaurants place hand sanitizer bottles at the hostess stand?
2. Why don't restaurants have convenient bill payment at the table side so your credit cared doesn't disappear and waste you and your server's time? This is the way it is done in Europe.
3. Most agree that plastic bags at the grocer are a wasteful and harmful blight for the planet. Even many recycling companies wont accept them. Rather than out-lawing them as many cities have, why not just charge people extra for the convenience of using them? After all I assume they are not free to the store. Better yet, how about knocking a few pennies off of your bill if you bring your own bag?
4. I wish more small appliances came with retractable plugs. The act of wrapping them back around some compartment never seems to work and leaves the plug dangling.
5. Lets just get rid of passwords all together. Fingerprint, facial and or retinal screening is the way to go.
6. This complaint is becoming less relevant as more and more people stream their TV entertainment, but this is how I define a really SMART TV: One that automatically mutes commercials.
7. Somebody please invent plastic wrap that doesn't fold onto itself, you, or the box.
8. How many times do we have to learn that TSA is terrible at screening for weapons? Let's just privatize airport security, (like in San Fransisco), and have the airlines pay for it.
9. Are there really people who think that everything they read on the Internet is true?
I have saved the best and most obvious for last....
10. I am not a guy who likes government regulations and burdensome laws. However here is one that could actually save our children's lives. MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO NOT HAVE SCHOOL BUSES EQUIPPED WITH SEAT BELTS AND THEY MUST BE USED AT ALL TIMES. This is another obvious practice used in Europe and throughout the United Kingdom.
I hope you read them all. At least Hopefully, I got you not to think about politics for a few minutes. Have a great Sunday.